To its people
SENER believes in its people, recognizes their potential for making a contribution, has confidence in their ability to exercise their responsibilities and supports their professional development.
- A flexible and open organization: It offers its employees a flexible and open organization, individual care always based on respect, and ongoing training to maintain a high level of skill.
- Safety at work: Likewise, SENER is committed to always maintaining the processes and taking the precautions necessary to ensure that the criteria and standards that guarantee people’s safety in every phase of project execution and operations are met.
- A family-friendly company: SENER is also a family-friendly company that offers flexible ways of working to create a balance between work and family responsibilities. SENER has been awarded the EFR certificate by the Másfamilia Foundation to companies who demonstrate a commitment to improving the work-family balance and to equal opportunities.
- Integrating young professionals: Finally, SENER promotes the integration of young people into the real work environment by allowing them to work alongside highly-experienced professionals as they carry out high-level projects, from the very moment they join the company.
To other organizations
SENER was founded on an ambition to provide a service to society that is embodied in its innovative technology projects, which bring about qualitative advances and help to improve people’s quality of life.
This is also seen in its commitment to social action, collaborations with universities and direct funding for other organizations, such as NGOs, that are working toward the same end of building a better society.
Collaborations with universities
SENER fosters academic excellence by sponsoring university prizes and programs:
- Collaboration and internship agreements with Mexico’s most prestigious universities and colleges, such as the Tecnológico de Monterrey, the National Polytechnic Institute, the Ecatepec Center for Technology Studies, the Autonomous University of Querétaro and the Autonomous University of Mexico.
- Agreement with the École Centrale de Nantes (ECN, France) to verify the marine device simulation tool developed with SENERWave..
- Collaboration and sponsorship agreement for the Formula Student single-seater project, developed by students from the Faculty of Engineering of Bilbao (UPV) and supervised by SENER engineers.
- SENER Award for the best progress in Programming Languages at the UPM School of Marine Engineering.
- Master’s Degree in Science and Space Technology at the Faculty of Engineering of Bilbao (UPV) with studies specializing in mechanics and courses in the fields of aeronautics and space.
- Collaborations in Spain with the Environmental Hydraulics Institute of the University of Cantabria (IH Cantabria) and the Laboratory of Maritime Engineering of the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC) in the Chilean project optimization and detail engineering of the outer port of San Antonio.
- SENER Corporate Postgraduate Course in Systems Engineering, taught at the UPC and recognized with a diploma awarded by the university.
- Contract signed with Ludong University (China) for the use of FORAN for educational and research purposes in the fields of General Design, Hull Structure, Equipment and Electricity of the vessels..
- Creation of the SENER Classroom in MONDRAGON UNIBERTSITATEA Polytechnic College for research and collaborative knowledge transfer projects.
The SENER Group gives corporate support to charity initiatives promoted by its employees that demonstrate a strong commitment to local communities.
Recent examples include:
- SENER through the Kelebogile Trust, have undertaken inclusive participatory processes with the community of Kathu, where it participates in the construction of a thermosolar plant, in order to be able to contribute to the development of the social measures needed in the region..
- In the framework of the solidarity project “Chair of the President”, the SENER division in Poland hosted a student visit with the aim of encouraging higher education amongst the young.
- The collection of toys, with an international scope, for disadvantaged children, later donated to the Red Cross and the Parish of San Gregorio Magnon in Spain, and to the Cadenas de Esperanza in Mexico..
- A cooperation project with the NGO Altair Morocco to provide humanitarian aid and school materials to children living in towns and villages in the north of the country.
- Collecting of books and learning materials for underprivileged children and adolescents to be donated to NGOs in countries in which SENER is present, such as the Development Association of Izerki in Morocco.
- Food collections for the Food Bank organization.
Each year, SENER earmarks a part of its budget to donations that support projects relating to engineering, healthcare, education, the arts and development.
SENER supports a range of organizations, including the Pablo Horstmann Foundation, the Codespa Foundation, Cáritas Spain and Mexico, the Red Cross, Fundación Desarrollo y Asistencia (Development and Care Foundation), the Food Bank, the Association for the Integrated Development of Highly Gifted Children (ADIMAC), the Association of People with Disabilities of Madrid (APADUAM) and the Association of People with Disabilities of Albacete (AMIAB).