To its people
SENER believes in its people, recognizes their potential for making a contribution, has confidence in their ability to exercise their responsibilities and supports their professional development.
- A flexible and open organization: It offers its employees a flexible and open organization, individual care always based on respect, and ongoing training to maintain a high level of skill.
- Safety at work: Likewise, SENER is committed to always maintaining the processes and taking the precautions necessary to ensure that the criteria and standards that guarantee people’s safety in every phase of project execution and operations are met.
- A family-friendly company: SENER is also a family-friendly company that offers flexible ways of working to create a balance between work and family responsibilities. SENER has been awarded the EFR certificate by the Másfamilia Foundation to companies who demonstrate a commitment to improving the work-family balance and to equal opportunities.
- Integrating young professionals: SENER promotes the integration of young people into the real work environment by allowing them to work alongside highly-experienced professionals as they carry out high-level projects, from the very moment they join the company.
To other organizations
SENER was founded on an ambition to provide a service to society that is embodied in its innovative technology projects, which bring about qualitative advances and help to improve people’s quality of life.
This is also seen in its commitment to social action, collaborations with universities and direct funding for other organizations, such as NGOs, that are working toward the same end of building a better society.
Collaborations with universities
SENER fosters academic excellence by sponsoring university prizes and programs:
- UC3M-SENER Aeroespacial Chair. University-business initiative for the development of a university technology demonstration satellite mission, in collaboration with the departments of Aerospace, IT, Electronic Technology and Signal and Communications theory at the Carlos III University of Madrid (UC3M).
- Sponsorship of Formula Student Bizkaia (FSB2019), integrally designed by the students from the Higher Technical School of Engineering of Bilbao (UPV, Spain), and mentoring of the members of the racing car creation team.
- Sponsorship of the BISKY team, the first team of students from the University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU) to participate in the chance of launching a rocket to the Karman line, at an altitude of 100 Km, considered to be the boundary between the Earth’s atmosphere and outer space.
- Participation in the Master’s degrees in Sustainable Energy Engineering and in Research into Energy Efficiency and Sustainability in Industry, Transport, Building and Urban Planning at the University of the Basque Country, with two seminars on solar thermal energy.
- Participation in the continuous training course on BIM management from the University of Cantabria, giving two classes on the role of the BIM manager in infrastructure and energy projects.
- Participation in the IDEAS program for integration into teaching of civil engineering companies in the School of Civil Engineering of Santander, offering a training session on BIM in civil works.
Solidarity activities to help alleviate the health crisis
In response to the health crisis triggered by the COVID 19 pandemic, the SENER Group companies, the SENER Foundation and their own proffesional, have sprung to action to alleviate the effects that this disease is having on our society.
- Manufacture of protective visors for healthcare, security and other essential workers.
- Donation of healthcare materials to different institutions.
- Donation to Food Banks to collect food, which will then be distributed among charities devoted to assisting people and groups in need. The company will match all the donations collected internally.
- Collection and donation to the COnVIDa por México society for the acquisition of protective equipment (such as masks, face shields, gloves, gowns, boots…), ventilators and thermometers that were donated to public hospitals in Mexico.
- Contribution with the community of Ouarzazate (Morocco) by making available a cart consisting of tanks, pumps and pressurized nozzles to be used for disinfection, and also by donating 1,900 protective suits that have been used both for disinfection tasks and to prevent infection among health personnel at local hospitals.
Committed to contributing to the progress of society through engineering, the SENER Group gives corporate support to charity initiatives promoted by its employees that demonstrate a strong commitment to local communities.
Recent examples include:
- Collaboration of SENER in Mexico with the Casa Hogar Jaral. Donation of personal hygiene products, toys, furniture and clothes for girls with motor and intellectual disabilities cared for by this institution.
- Collaboration with the Bizkaia - Osakidetza Blood Donors Association and theSpanish Red Cross in blood donation campaigns.
- SENER through the Kelebogile Trust, have undertaken inclusive participatory processes with the community of Kathu, where it participates in the construction of a thermosolar plant, in order to be able to contribute to the development of the social measures needed in the region..
- Food collections for the Food Bank organization.
Each year, SENER earmarks a part of its budget to donations that support projects relating to engineering, healthcare, education, the arts and development.
In 2019, these initiatives included, among others, the collaboration with the Pablo Horstmann Paediatric Hospital located in Lamu (Kenya), a contribution that has been used to finance the general running of the hospital during 2019 (consultations, salaries of professionals, medicines, etc.)
Aditionally, SENER supports a range of organizations, including the Pablo Horstmann Foundation, such are the Codespa Foundation, Cáritas Spain and Mexico, the Red Cross, Fundación Desarrollo y Asistencia (Development and Care Foundation), the Food Bank, the Association for the Integrated Development of Highly Gifted Children (ADIMAC), the Association of People with Disabilities of Madrid (APADUAM) and the Association of People with Disabilities of Albacete (AMIAB).