SENER launches new FORAN V80R4.0 version19/05/2021 (Spain)
Tres Cantos (Madrid, Spain) May 18th, 2021. We are pleased to inform you that on this date SENER has launched the new V80R4.0 version of its ship design system FORAN.
This new V80R4.0 version, becoming the result of almost two years of developments, incorporates important new functionalities in all design disciplines, improves many existing ones, and at the same time facilitates the digitalization of shipyards and its design and production processes.
One of the main aspects of the new version is the adoption of a new visualization engine, that provides:
- Dynamic highlight of elements
- New selective mode
- New mouse-integrated navigation mode
- Compatibility with most modern graphic libraries
- New user preferences file editor
- HLR and HLD representation methods
- Availablity of snap points
- Transparent mode for real limits
- Raytracing display mode
New functionalities and improvements are available in all modules. Among others, we can mention:
- New intact and damage stability criteria for special ships
- Automatic generation of damage conditions
- Definition of friction coefficient for dynamic launching calculations
- Usability in applicability (management of sister ships)
- Automatic simplification of imported CAD models
- New module for generation of cutting sequences
- New context for previewing of cutting sequences
- Welds management
- New module for generation and edition of isometrics
- Variable-radius bended pipe pieces
- Impact control for modifications
- Interactive comparison of routes for cables
- Verification of cables routing efficiency
- Detection of cable overfilled or overweighed segments
- Fourth generation integration (interoperability) with PLM systems
- API providing external, remote and read-only access to FORAN data for user applications
- Enhacement of FORAN Assistant capabilities (AI)
- 0 version includes also tools allowing the migration of projects from previous versions, facilitating the updates of user installations.
V80R4.0 version includes also tools allowing the migration of projects from previous versions, facilitating the updates of user installations.
With more than fifty years of continuous use in shipyards and design offices around the world, nowadays FORAN is the design tool for the most advanced naval projects as the SSBN Dreadnought and S-80 submarines, and as T26, CSC, HCF and F110 frigates.